The Housing Authority of New Orleans (HANO) has announced they will open the Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section Eight) waiting list from September 6 to September 12, 2009.
Applications can be picked up from the following branches of the New Orleans Public Library:
• MAIN BRANCH NEW ORLEANS PUBLIC LIBRARY—219 LOYOLA AV
• ALGIERS REGIONAL BRANCH LIBRARY—3014 HOLIDAY DR
• ALVAR BRANCH LIBRARY—913 ALVAR ST
• CHILDREN’S RESOURCE CENTER—913 NAPOLEON AV
• CITA DENNIS HUBBELL BRANCH LIBRARY—725 PELICAN AV
• ROSA KELLER BRANCH LIBRARY—4300 S. BROAD ST
• LAKEVIEW BRANCH LIBRARY—6317 ARGONNE BLVD
• LATTER BRANCH LIBRARY—5120 ST. CHARLES AV
• MARTIN LUTHER KING BRANCH LIBRARY—1611 CAFFIN AV
• MID CITY BRANCH LIBRARY—330 N. CARROLLTON AV
• NIX BRANCH LIBRARY—1401 S. CARROLLTON AV
The agency also claims applications can be downloaded from their website, www.hano.org, but alas, several Katrina survivors reported there is no appplication download link available.
The application will also be published on the Times-Picayune on August 23, 26, or 29, 2009, or the Louisiana Weekly on August 27, 2009.
Completed applications will only be accepted by mail at the following address and must be postmarked no later than September 12, 2009 and mailed to:
ATTN: HOUSING AUTHORITY OF NEW ORLEANS
P. O. BOX 57346
NEW ORLEANS LA 70157-7346
The forms can also be emailed to: hano...@smartinc1.com
No hand delivered applications will be accepted at HANO’s offices and applications postmarked or emailed before 9/06/09 or AFTER 9/12/09 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
HANO will conduct a lottery to determine an applicant’s place on the waiting list, and they will be notified by mail of their position on the list.
Remember, applications should NOT be mailed before September 6.